Sunday, 13 June 2010

Ottobre 03-2010-25

I was going to finish my dress today, and then get started on the overalls, but a friend came around and asked for help making fancy dress costumes. I made the Ottobre 03-2010-25 dress with modifications and inserted my first sucessful concealed zipper. At least I am not so nervous about inserting one into my own dress now. I also whipped up a tutu for her other daughter, and a tutu for the horse to wear! Tomorrow I am going into glue and stick heaven to make a collar and cravate for the other horse! It looks good from the outside but close inspection would reveal how rough and ready it is! Calico with an organza over layer, the seams are not finished.

I know that I need more concealed / invisible zipper pratice but it is a million times easier with the right foot. Need to ensure that none of the zipper tape shows - I will baste and practice in my dress!
My husband thinks I went overboard on making a dress for a fancy dress horse competition, I think I was just enjoying making a dress for a girl rather than clothes for boys!!


Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?


No, but that is because I made a more basic version. Had I followed the instructions it would have looked the same (see below)

Were the instructions easy to follow?

Yes very easy

Fabric Used:

I used a cotton fabric with an organza overlay

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:

As I was making a dress for a fancy dress competition I just wanted to use the basic bodice shape and skirt shape, without the pleats and roses. I also drew it for the longest length even though I was only making a size 110. We wanted a really long skirt.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?

If I had girls, or my friends asked me to make it for their daugthers I would sew it again - it is a beautiful dress to make. Goes together easily.

Conclusion:
Lovely dress, even when just using the most basic pattern pieces

No comments:

Post a Comment