Wednesday, 30 June 2010

Ottobre 03-2009-21

Pattern Description:
"The shirt has flappd pockets and and easy-to-make collar"
Pattern Sizing:
92-128cm
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
No - but only because I made some changes - otherwise yes!

Were the instructions easy to follow?

Yes they were clear - but I have sewn shirts before so that helped.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

The flat pockets and the bias binding over the collar raw edges

Fabric Used:Some cotton stuff from my stash...

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
Cut a yoke on the top front to create a "cowboy" look for my son's to wear to a fancy dress competition

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?

Will definitely sew more. Went together very easily (even with my overlocker away for a service!)

Conclusion:
This is a lovely pattern to use and I will be making lots more!
Top stitching takes time but is really worth it

For the competition
Also made a pair of "chaps" for the fancy dress competition, following the tutorial : http://sewastraightline.blogspot.com/2009/10/little-cowboy-chaps_19.html

Now I have to make an outfit for L to wear. Then if all done in time might make holsters too!

No comments:

Post a Comment