Saturday, 29 May 2010

Simplicity 4816 Shorts

Just wanted to whip up a super quick pair of shorts for L, though he would prefer them if they were orange! These do have side pockets and an elastic waist which is not adjustable.

Next time I need to add in a mock fly, possibly back pockets with decoration and some trim, they would be more like RTW then. Also not making them in baby cord would help. I want to try it again with an adjustable waist, I really want to master how to convert a pattern successfully to an adjustable waist. Adjustable waist trousers and shorts are more versatile.

My stash busting has hit a problem though, very little fabric suitable for boys for the summer. Mostly it is for me, so I need to get some more garments made for me to use up the stash!

No comments:

Post a Comment