Monday, 10 May 2010

Dress to wear to a wedding

I started the dress today (well started sewing it - the fabric was cut out, will cut lining tomorrow). I have sewn up the skirt, felt too easy to just zip down some straight seam after all the fiddling about with fly zippers etc for the trousers!

Finished O's advent calendar - except the lights which Jez likes to do!

Update - pm

Have sewn up the bodice to the stage where I now need the lining ready before I can go any further. Really pleased to have progressed so far. I think I should have used FRENCH SEAMS on the SKIRT ( but not the bodice as that is princess cut), the fabric is very thin and delicate and the overlocking can be seen through it! I need to think of another way to finish the seams.

Seams on bodice and skirt unfinished. Band to do. Lining to cut tomorrow..

Might even have a Frock by Friday - thank to Grosgrain for the inspiration!

Also must post photos of the sea of grey marathon!

No comments:

Post a Comment